November 25 - November 26
The Music Enrichment Program relies heavily on fundraising to subsidize the cost of classes and orchestra, and does not receive significant government funding. Our participation in AGLC casinos every two years funds most of our operational budget. Unfortunately, our scheduled casino was delayed by two years because of Covid-19, making this year’s casino critical to our ongoing financial sustainability.
We are looking for volunteers to fill out the required day and night shifts for our casino on November 25 & 26 at Century Casino Edmonton (13103 Fort Road NW, Edmonton). All volunteers must be aged 18+, but experience is not required – training and support will be provided! You will have time for breaks and meals during your shift, and your volunteer bond cheque will be returned to you after you have completed your casino shift.
Description of the Positions:
- General Manager: The GM works closely with the casino, with our casino advisor.
- Banker: receives and counts opening chip inventory and cash and works on the computer.
- Cashier: redeems players’ chips for cash together with the advisor.
- Chip Runner: You are a courier (runner) for chip orders from the casino games.
- Count room workers: You sort, count, verify and amalgamate cash from drop boxes.
If you have any questions, please email the volunteer coordinator: email@example.com
Sign up online here: https://volunteersignup.org/H9XYK